cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeK
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

PPPoE information for Infinity

Engineer came around today and got my Infinity connection up and running and the speed is fantastic (38/1.7 Mbps), but I have a question. I don't want to use the Home Hub as I have a Linksys E3000, so what I need is the PPPoE information for my connection.

In the HH's settings, it just says bthomehub@btbroadband.com with no password, which I can't enter in the E3000 (it asks for a password). So I wonder, how can I set this up and where is the "correct" PPPoE information?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: PPPoE information for Infinity

have you tried just using a space as the password?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SeeK
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Just did, it won't accept it. 😞 Perhaps Linksys didn't consider this scenario when they wrote the E3000's firmware. So there really is no password?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

there is no password on the hub so anything as the password will be accepted as sign in.  My netgear is the same but it does accept a space as the password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MikeL
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Just try password as the password

Regards Mike
0 Ratings
daleski75
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

I got my Belkin router to work with PPPoA and PPPoE by using my @btinternet.com username and password so it might be worthwhile giving that a go as well.

0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

I did exactly the same as daleski when I set up my Vigor 2820n for Infinity (well ,I did use my own username and password - not daleski's!) and it works just fine.

wedding

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
SeeK
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Alright chaps, I'll give my @btinternet.com details a try tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers!

0 Ratings
SeeK
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Just an update: Using my @btinternet.com username and password works just fine. Thanks! 🙂

Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

Thanks guys - just the infomation I was looking for. Now I know I can use my Billion 7800N once my Infinity is installed as I really prefer not to use the HH 🙂

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings