cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: PROBLEM CONNECTING HP PRINTER TO NEW BT HUB5

Once you have split the networks, try connecting the printer to the network manually via the wireless network settings on the printer. You should be able to scan for networks and once the printer sees the hub SSID you will need to enter the WPA passkey which will be on the small plastic card tucked in the back of the hub.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Thank you for reply. Will follow your instructions and let you know how it goes.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Hi imjolly, followed your link and did everything it suggested, but on doing so I lost connection to all my devices. I'll have to either get a new more up to date printer or use my friends USB till I get sorted. Thank you so much for your help.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Hi licquorice, as with imjolly, I followed your suggestions, but on doing so I lost connection to all my devices. I'll have to either get a new more up to date printer or use my friends USB till I get sorted. Thank you so much for your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

You shouldn't need to get a different printer. All that needs to happen is the printer to 'forget' the details of the old hub it was connected to and connect to the new hub instead, it is stil probably trying to connect to the old hub SSID. Is there an option on the printer control panel to to set it back to factory default condition and then start afresh?  Any devices that lost connection just need to scan for the new SSID. The alternative is to change the SSID of the new hub to that of the old one if you still have it.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

Have you tried using the cd that came with the printer

To connect the product

1. Insert the product Software CD in the computer CD-ROM drive.

2. Follow the instructions on the screen. When you are prompted, connect the product to the computer using the USB setup cable included in the box. The product will attempt to connect to the network. If the connection fails, follow the prompts to correct the problem, and then try again.

3. When the setup is finished, you will be prompted to disconnect the USB cable and test the wireless network connection. Once the product connects successfully to the network, install the software on each computer that will use the product over the network.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Hi licquorice, on my printer the following options are

Disable wireless

Wireless Settings - Restore Netwoork Defaults

WPS - Push Button - PIN

I got back all connections to my iphone, ipad and iMac by going back to default setting in BT HomeHub Manager.

My printer is an olded model HP 4000 series, thats why HP would not help me. Possibly, wanting me to buy a new er model!!

My friend has moved and didn't have this problem because he has a Windows system. I've had quite a few problems with having the Apple/BtYahoo combination. For instance, (only on my iMac computer) Outgoing Mail Server(SMPT), Advanced, I have to enter my password every time I login.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Hi imjolly, my iMac does not have a CD-ROM drive. But I do have an external drive. Can I use this? When I first got my iMac, it connected the HP printer automatically, I didn't have to use the Software CD. I know you probably thinking I'm been over cautious in following yours and other offered help, but I'm not very confident with these sort of problems. I worried about causing more problems, because I'm not sure quite what I'm doing. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

On the printer, first select 'Restore network defaults' and then try the instructions from page 5 here http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01705962

Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Hi, will try this. Will let you know how it goes. Thank you for your reply and help.

0 Ratings