cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willfal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

PS3, DMZ with home hub 2.0, static IP, Games & Application Sharing.. cant get anything to work.

Hi,

I am having problems with by PS3 and Home hub.

Its a black hub 2.0

I have given the PS3 a static IP, gone into the hub settings and configured the ports required for my PS3 game to play online but when i select the game/definition from the configuration menu and then try to assign it to my PS3 it simply will not assign.

I have tried setting up the ps3 so it takes all the required settings from the hub.. deleted the application/defitition that i created for the game and tried to assign it to the ps3 again but this also wont work.

I have also tried to put the PS3 into DMZ but this just stops everything from working and shuts off the BB connection.

I have called the tech support who are all but usless and i was then refered to BT's Home IT call.. they gave me prices off their support and asked for a run down off my problem.. when i explained it i was told they couldnt help and to call sony. I called sony who again said they couldnt help and to contact activision who run the servers for the game. I called them as well and they will only provide the port forwarding information and say to go back to the ISP.

I work for BT and cant get help even through internal channels... can anyone else help me.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
meaga-byte
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: PS3, DMZ with home hub 2.0, static IP, Games & Application Sharing.. cant get anything to wo

Found a nice little site that helps with ports for PS3 gaming.

Helped me out with COD BO and moderate/strict NAT

http://portforward.com/

CHoose router

Choose game

Follow instructions

Hope this helps

willfal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Re: PS3, DMZ with home hub 2.0, static IP, Games & Application Sharing.. cant get anything to wo

Sadly that site doesnt help.. its black ops i'm having the issues with. Also the ports on that site are incomplete the ports are 81, 3074, 3075, 3478
(UDP) and ports 80, 81,443, 3074, 5223(TCP).

I can follow the instrucitions on setting up the port forwarding but when i go to.. Settings, advanced settings, application sharing, configuration >> i choose the application i created named as 'Black Ops' from the drop down menu, i choose the PS3 from the device drop down menu (mac address is shown not PS3) then click add. the screen does its refresh but it wont add.

I can choose something from the pre defined list and it will add to the ps3 it just wont take anything that i create.
0 Ratings
meaga-byte
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 17

that sucks. i plan to try use it tonight since i also have the NAT = Moderate

But im running with Netgear and not the BTHH

NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 17

Never had problem with the black hubs type A for my Ps3 or 360, occasionally i will get locked out on the ps3 i just reset the hub as instructed by Ps3 help and that sorts it about twice a year.  If you having problems with C of D that will be soley the servers they are useless always have been.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 17

just browsing the forums this came from DaveNi1979-

On fetching playlists part press ps3 button on controller, scroll to account management press triangle and sign out. Now go into game again and press play online and it signs in. Couple of times doin this and I get in usually.

I dont know if this any good i have not played CofD for many years and would not waste money on time share gaming.

I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
willfal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Not being able to create port forwarding for the PS3 has nothing to do with the activision servers tho.

Appreciate the responce none the less. cheers
0 Ratings
meaga-byte
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

Dont know if this will help but it seems that NAT problems on COD BO have little to do with router or internet.

The update a few days back brought in a huge maount of problems.

The COD website was overloaded with players complaining about the patch. The head designer is trying to push out a small fix patch soon to resolve the problems. This should include NAT, not being able to join sessions and the problems when a party is tryign to join a game.

scottwales
Message 9 of 17

I have the exact same problem, i think there must be a fault in the hubs firmware because it just wont add user created applications. Thanks for the extra ports for black ops shame i can't put them in!!!

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 17

Usual subjects cause the problems, dont play either EA or Activision online they have for me, regardless of ISP provider been useless, I quote a employer of one of the servers, although some years ago our servers on the 360 and ps3  are  **bleep** (Poo).   The games i play online, rarley do i get booted, and only when a new release of the mentioned do i get problems for a day or too.

I suppose if you all play the same games then problems will occur its common sense and very boring to here the same problems from the same games with no  answer, read any serious gaming press particular Activision are very well noted not being able to cope with demand this has been the same for years now.

I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings