cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: PS3, DMZ with home hub 2.0, static IP, Games & Application Sharing.. cant get anything to wo

Assign your PS3 a dynamic IP address (DHCP) - then in the HomeHub configuration tick the 'always give this device the same IP addres box', then assign the application service to the PS3. It's a bug in the firmware of a lot of routers (BT homehub, Speedtouch). This is what I had to do on my old Speedtouch 585v6 router and it works fine.

Every EA game ever on PS2 & PS3 has always required port forwarding setup. Haven't played CoD since MW2 but I had to do the same to get the party system to work.

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 12 of 17

Re: PS3, DMZ with home hub 2.0, static IP, Games & Application Sharing.. cant get anything to wo

@willfal wrote:

Hi,

I am having problems with by PS3 and Home hub.

Its a black hub 2.0

I have given the PS3 a static IP, gone into the hub settings and configured the ports required for my PS3 game to play online but when i select the game/definition from the configuration menu and then try to assign it to my PS3 it simply will not assign.

I have tried setting up the ps3 so it takes all the required settings from the hub.. deleted the application/defitition that i created for the game and tried to assign it to the ps3 again but this also wont work.

I have also tried to put the PS3 into DMZ but this just stops everything from working and shuts off the BB connection.

I have called the tech support who are all but usless and i was then refered to BT's Home IT call.. they gave me prices off their support and asked for a run down off my problem.. when i explained it i was told they couldnt help and to call sony. I called sony who again said they couldnt help and to contact activision who run the servers for the game. I called them as well and they will only provide the port forwarding information and say to go back to the ISP.

I work for BT and cant get help even through internal channels... can anyone else help me.

Someone else had the same issue, http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Application-Sharing/td-p/88079/page/2 might work might not.....also the latest patch for black ops has messed with nat in some way, but the biggest problem appears to be with the ps3 rather than xbox.

0 Ratings
dutyhero
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

I'm having the same problem , i have tried port forwarding , DMZ . I think i have read every post on this problem. Everyone blaming someone else. If anyone knows of anything else to try then please post it !!!
0 Ratings
Keltic
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

I figured this out, if you have ports assigned to another device you cannot assign the same port numbers to the ps3. I'm running both Xbox and ps3 with port forwarding although i had to assign port 80 to the xbox and something else to the Ps3 and seems ok, Just remember to assign static ip to console.

Actually just realised this was mainly Black Ops, to be honest the games a nightmare, i had it on the 360 and traded it in few weeks ago due to constant lag online, never saw a game like it, other games where fine, also don't know for sure on PS3 but on Xbox Black Ops is P2P

0 Ratings
myst_eri
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Its a homehub config issue. I swapped my homehub for a netgear DG834G and with no configuration at all my Nat showed as open.

I tried every possible change on my homehub with no joy

0 Ratings
dutyhero
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

This sounds worrying , i don't have a spare router. Just to play 1 game come on BT !!!

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 17

First off, at times the PS3 may show you as having NAT 2 but this isn't always the case as you still may not be able to connect to every user. When this occurs its either that you did not forward the ports correctly or the router is misconfigured for PSN access.

The ports you need for access to the Playstation Network are-

TCP: 80,443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

Ports for full headset access-

TCP: 80
UDP: 6000-7000, 50000, 10070

I recommend that you open all of these ports  and your chosen game ports.

However I would not advise you to use DMZ on the PS3 via a Home Hub as this often leads to DNS errors. However, if you do want to try this and the PS3 is not coming up on the list of DMZ addresses follow these steps:

1) Go to System Settings (Far left on the PS3 XMB)
2) Go to Network Settings
3) Go to Internet Connection Settings
4) Press Automatic
5) The PS3 will automatically sort out the connection as long as you have connected via ethernet.

To set up a static ip address for the PS3 go to the Home hub web ui (Hub Manager). Look for any mention of devices. Look for the device connected to the ethernet port the PS3 is using on your router. Click on the device and look for any mention of edit, configure etc. Then a box should appear saying something like 'Assign static IP address'. Tick this box and your PS3 should now have a static ip address; thus saving you the need to continously port forward.

Ref -Kitz forum

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings