Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juddy1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

PS3 struggling to connect

Hi,

everthing has been OK up to last week. Now PS3 struggles to connect to internet and will only connect by turning home hub off/on, even then after 5 mins disconnects with an error code '807100' and will not reconnect. any help would be welcome

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: PS3 struggling to connect

Your error code is little short normally 8 digits, if 92 is on the end ( used to be!)  , its  your connection dropping. Are you connecting by wireless between your Ps3 and router? & is your broadband generally good.

*edit* Below is 807 range-

80710092 “An error has occurred. you’ve been signed out from the ps network”

80710102 PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information Try rebooting your router

80710541 The connection to the server timed out.

80710B23 PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond look at 8002F994

80710D23 Turn the PS3 off for a bit (30 minutes give or take) with the power switch  (not standby mode).

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Is it a BT Home Hub 2 Type B or a Home Hub 3 Type A perchance?  I have been unable to get these Sagem-based hubs to work on my line; they show huge error rates, ridiculously low throughput and so much latency that the XBox wouldn't stay connected.

Doesn't mean for sure that these hubs are faulty, but they don't agree with BT's lines where I am (Huawei MSAN).

0 Ratings
juddy1
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

sorry full code is 80710092
0 Ratings
juddy1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

connection is wireless and broadband is usually good.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

i suggest you try connecting via ethernet and see if you still have the problem
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Failing the ethernet, you could try changing your wireless channel selection on the Hub, you will have choice of 13. Just go through them hopefully the problem will be solved. 

Another issue could be other wireless routers broadcasting on the same channel if you can run this  program inSSIDER for windows PC , this will give details on what other wireless routers are broadcasting and on what channel. Just go to hub/ router settings and choose a channel that is free on the inSSIDER or least congested, remember channels over lap either side.

May I suggest you try not reset the hub too often as this could be seen as a issue by the exchange and throw wrath of DLM at your connection!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings