Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulh113
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

PS4 tekken 7

Go to solution
Hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I'm having some connection issues strictly just with tekken 7, the game had its share of issues when it was released and that has been patched out, I'm still having similar drops and this can happen mid match and in the menus the error I receive is "communication error" I've tried using WiFi and via LAN using homeplugs both end up with the same error, just today I thought I'd try using my mobile hotspot to try and it's actually working fine, any ideas?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: PS4 tekken 7

Go to solution

It's likely that something is causing interference with the wireless connection and possibly interference in the mains wiring.  You could try changing the wireless channels in the router, though for gaming a direct cable connection between the console and the router is best.

0 Ratings
paulh113
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply, getting a direct connection is tough as the hub is downstairs and PS4 upstairs, I've also already tried changing the WiFi channel to no avail, still find it strange how all my other online games work perfectly, the reason I bought the plugs was for this and I guess it's a plus I get better speed to my PS4 through them
0 Ratings
mont348
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Try placing the PS4 into your Homehub or SmartHubs DMZ this should help particularly with P2P networking game which most beat em ups are.

A thing that helped me improve matchmaking for the SmartHub was to disable UPnP extended security,it was restricting connectivity to other players with some games such as Table Top Racing and Helldivers.

paulh113
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
So far so good thanks for the suggestion mont348, just wondering though what are the risks of using the DMZ and having extended upnp security turned off?
0 Ratings
mont348
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

DMZ is perfectly fine on a game console as a rule they cannot get viruses, it's only the PS4 that's exposed to frontline net traffic and there still is some firewall protection even with a device in the DMZ.

Again with UPnP security as long your devices and computers over your home network have adequate antivirus software or apps I wouldn't worry about it.I just think UPnP extended security is a bit over zealous on the Smarthub compared to the Homehub 4 I was using previously, which worked without a problem although I did setup a DMZ with the Homehub 4 just as matter of course to simply avoid problems.

0 Ratings
paulh113
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks 🙂 just to be on the safe side I'm only turning it off when I want to jump on the console, thanks for solving it I was clueless
0 Ratings