cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 53

Re: Packet Loss on my line

I was lead to believe that the more FEC event errors (within the thousands) over a small period would lead to critical errors on the line (HEC's) which in turn leads to packet loss - if this is a misguided view then i am happy to be re-educated.

Speed is not the issue - i would be quite happy to have a stable connection at 2mb download or less. At least i could use VOIP without it disconnecting or making me speak in a gargled way. Alternatively i could actually use my internt to game to which i have it for.

I am aware of server load and what not, but even when searching websites i have to click 3-4 times on a button for it to respond i know the line is not right at all.

All i need is a monitor on my line so that it can show that i am losing data - if i didnt have a dynamic IP address i would be able to do this myself, so i would imagine BT has have a whole host of these tools at there disposal.  

apologies if it sounds like i am getting frustrated but after a week of bashing my head off the wall i am starting to lose my sense of humor 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 53

FEC errors are interleaved fullfilling it's purpose of crrecting errors so are not a problem and the rest of your errors are good for 2 days conencted.

is there any thing shown here as a problem at your exchnage http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

you can read more about errors here  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats_errors.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 53

Further Proof this is a problem with my Line. I have just carted all my computer equipment round to someone else's house and these are the test results using the same programmes i used on my line.

mamma temp ping test.png

mamma temp Cmd Prompt.png

mamma temp hub.png

Take from this what you will but as far as im concerned this proofs that there is a fault on my line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 53

this line is far shortewr than yours and looks better with less errors.  if you have contacted the mods as suggested then you just have to wait until your email hits top of inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 53

How annoying come home to do a 3 day test on the line and it must have reset itself in the middle of the night 😐

bt home hub adsl 160713.png   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 53

all you can do now is wait for the mods to contact you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 53

Does nobody in BT understand packet loss?? 

I have been dealing with a mod on this issue - (who only responds once a day) and it has to be the most frustrating experience ever. You have to tell the same story over and over and over again.

Whats the point in having a post on the forums or an account with BT if this information is not shared. Also to be told that engineers cannot vist on a weeked when i have just had a Visit from on enginner on a Saturday?

My stats are worse than ever, my internet is now really laggy (and its not network lag as my 3g phone is quicker at loading information on a slower connection)

This is todays stats

Bt Home Hub 23713.png 

Not at all a happy bunny.

#its good to talk

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 53

even with your higher than normal noise margin of 10db there are still a lot of errors for only 8hrs connected.  the errors probably increase at night as normal which may well cause slow broadband throughput

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 53

please post a trace route to bbc.co .uk
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 53

Here is my Trace RT results

Can i ask as to why people prefer a trace RT test instead of a pathping test? pathping shows the latency and the packet loass where as the trace rt mostly just shows latency and the odd gap?

Im just going to run a pathping to bbc as well to show.

230713 Trace RT bbc.png

0 Ratings