Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 53

Re: Packet Loss on my line

the only people that are bt employees on the forum are the forum mods everyone else is a customer just like you trying to help others.

moving to another ISP unless LLU or cable or fibre you will have the same equipment and same phone line just a different payee on the DD.  if LLU then different exchange equipment but same line from exchnage to your home  only totally new will be cable who will not use any of your existing wiring

unless cable the people who repair your line are exactly the same - openreach - and may even be the same engineers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 53

The pathping results shows a 14% packet loss on the first hop onto the BT exchange - further down it shows upto 6% errors on different hops. The 14% is an indication of congestion on the line, as this occurs between nodes. The 6% further down is an indication of servers being full and not being able to process efficiently. BT have stated that they can't do anything which is a lie - they can re route my line, update switches servers at nodes where I'm seeing issues. Anymore then 0.1% packet can effect everything on a line - I'm seeing upto 15% which means I can't do anything - try watching Iplayer, chat via Skype or play an online computer game with 15% packet loss and then tell me people would bite my hand off for my connection. Every single online test I had preformed indicates 10%+ packet which is an absolute disgrace if this is acceptable service. If you really believe that my pathping does not show any errors I am speechless - many of the other packet loss threads within the forum have between 3-6% on the first hop to the BT exchange and have big issues. I have 14%.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 53

The first hop on the BT network is not my exchange. All the engineers that have been to my house believe the line for my house to the exchange is not too bad - this really is a networking issue for BT to sort. To which they say they won't. I find that baffling. Utterly baffling.
0 Ratings