cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Painful Process for Creation of Sub-Accounts (BT Yahoo! Mail)

For the first time in a while I today needed to create an e-mail sub-account on BT Yahoo! Mail. The process was excruciating, mainly because my password was demanded repeatedly. The first attempt seemed to fail outright, with no information as to why, and although I succeeded in creating the sub-account at the second attempt, my password was demanded some twenty times during the process! This suggests poor quality software and a need for improvement. I refrained from checking the 'Keep Me Logged In' box when I initially accessed my principal account, since I feel that this is a wise precaution, but might this have made matters worse? If so then the implication of not checking the box ought to be made clear. Has anyone else suffered such problems?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Painful Process for Creation of Sub-Accounts (BT Yahoo! Mail)

Hi @FrustratedCustomer68,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you had problems getting the sub created. Did the password pop up occur at any partiicular part of the sign up journey? If you can give us as much detail on the problem we'll pass it back for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Painful Process for Creation of Sub-Accounts (BT Yahoo! Mail)

Hi and thanks for responding.

I'm afraid that I can't recall the detailed interactions, but my username and password were demanded every time I clicked on a link during the sub-account creation process. Even allowing for the fact that the first attempt seemed simply to fail without any notification this entailed an awful lot of "log-ins". Perhaps it was a temporary problem. I'm reluctant to test this by trying to create a dummy sub-account but coudl be persuaded to if it is likely to lead to a solution. If it helps I was using Firefox 45.0.2 and - I'm embarrassed to say - Windows XP.

0 Ratings