cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Pairing BT TV app and BT TV Box

Hi, 

I received the normal HD box from BT and connected using the mini kit provided. The box works fine and is connected to the internet fine. My phone is connected to the same network but my BT TV app will not pair with the box it just says box is not found. I tried all the previous posts about similar issues with no success. I would appreciate any help as it drives me mad. Software on the box is updated to the latest available and phone is iPhone 12 Pro Max with also latest iOS and latest app version. 

Kind regards 

Adrian

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Pairing BT TV app and BT TV Box

Not sure what steps you've tried but I recommend the following:

Reboot everything at the same time - BT TV box, phone, router, mini adapters.

If that doesn't fix it, then try a factory reset of the BT TV box - you can choose to keep recordings if you have any.

I've yet to hear of a case where this didn't fix it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Well I’ll be the first case then as it didn’t work. Mini connector is connected directly to the hub and then to the tv box in my room and internet is fine. I’m connected to the same Wi-Fi network but it still won’t find the box… 😞
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Are you using a VPN on your phone? If so, make sure that's turned off.
If that still doesn't work, is there any way you can connect your YouView box directly to your hub, just to reduce the variables? It'd only be temporarily whilst pairing (you'd still need a TV connected to it though, to see the on screen prompt).
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Sadly not because the ONT box is under the stairs and there is no way I can connect tv and box there to pair. I’m not using vpn or anything like that either 😔
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Assuming you're using a BT hub, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Yes the latest smart hub 2 😞 I tried everything I can think of but maybe I’ll try your previous suggestion soon when I can move tv just to try and connect it directly but for now nothing works…
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

You could also do it without a TV connected - just plug the BT TV box in, turn it on, and give it a few minutes to boot. If it then appears in the app search then you could try selecting it and blindly pressing the select button on the remote 10 seconds after the app says it should have appeared. If the app then progresses to the next screen, you'll know it has worked.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Well sadly that didn’t work either I even tried a different phone but didn’t work either 😭
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Ok, and the reset you performed earlier was this one? https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-
0 Ratings