Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielshaw007
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Panasonic Smart TV + Netflix app issues

Go to solution

Hi there,

All of a sudden my Panasonic smart tv is no longer able to connect to Netflix, BBC iPlayer and others work fine. TV is hard wired to my HH5.

Netflix on the laptop/pc works fine.

I have been onto Netflix who blame my ISP (BT) I have reset router, reset the TV etc etc and still netflix will not connect to their servers.

I have been doing some googling and found that I am not the only BT customer who suddenly cant get on netflix via the TV app see link

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/02/bt-broadband-users-suffer-problems-with-netflix-on-lg-s...

Can anyone shed any light on the subject? Anyone else experiencing this issue with any brand of smart tv?

thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Panasonic Smart TV + Netflix app issues

Go to solution

The link you have posted is dated February 2016 and you have said your TV has all of a sudden been unable to connect to Netflix.  As you would appear to be the only person reporting this problem on the forum, it would be surprising, although I suppose not impossible, if the problem referred to in the link has just manifested itself on your TV now. 

The previous problem had its own thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Netflix-connection-error/m-p/1591374#M119540

which was connected to the Homehub 3. 

When you say you have tried a reset of the Homehub, was it a factory reset by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

actually as it just so happens I went into Netflix on my Panasonic 50dx750b today and it worked fine. BT Infinity 2 and HH5.

0 Ratings
danielshaw007
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Sorted it. Did a search on here and found that someone earlier this year switched on parental controls and then turned it off again immediatley and it started working again. I did the same and its working again. Very odd.

0 Ratings