cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Panasonic Vieirara and BT Home Hub

Hi all

I've found one or two posts relating to the above but none that specifically answer my question.. I have a Vieira tv which worked perfectly well with ny Home Hub 3 (and BT Vision).  Now a Hub 4 has replaced it and, whilst my Panasonic tv can identify it I am unable to connect.  When I input the wireless key I get this message: "Connection to wireless network failed.  Authentication error".  I contacted Panasonic who went through a thorough process by phone and even provided the data to input the router address manually.  Neither this nor a factory re-set of the tv worked and they have now said the problem lies with BT and the hub.  I'm concerned about getting bounced between Panasonic and BT.  All other devices, including BT Vison work okay with the new hub, but neither the automatic or manual set up link from Vieira to the hub works.  Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Panasonic Vieirara and BT Home Hub

Make sure you have turned off "Smart Set Up" on the Homehub. See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

If that doesn't help you may need to give the Homehub dual frequencies separate SSids (name).

To give the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids. Just add a 5 to the end of the 5Ghz SSid so you know which is which. Check the 5 GHz Sync with 2.4 GHz: is set to NO.

Try logging the TV on to the 2.4Ghz one.

You'll need to connect your other devices that can use both frequencies to both SSids if you want them to be able to use either/ both frequencies.

See this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Apologies but I'm non-techy on router and av issues. If I disable smart set up will I need to enter the router ip address manually on the tv?  If so how do I get it, Panasonic just rattled off some numbers that I inputted whiilst on the phone?  The Vieira software identifies the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connections separately but I've had no luck connecting, whichever one I select.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

No you will not need to enter anything to do with IP addresses. "Smart Set Up"  tries to open a browser on your devices to tell you how wonderful BT is and what services are available. It does not change any settings or make it easier to connect. In fact it is a waste of time. Because your TV can not open a browser it can cause problems.

Make sure you are using the wireless passkey that is on the homehub label. It is not the admin password or your email password.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

Thanks for the help.  I'll give it a try.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Okay, disabling smart set up hasn't resolved the issue.  Can you advise where I go to in order to give the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids?  Is it somewhere within the advanced settings of the hub manager?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Hi - did you ever get an answer on this? I have exactly the same problem.  I've just signed up to infinity but my Panasonic TV says 'can't connect' even though it recognised the wifi name.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

@AdHuzz

have you tried all the suggestions in this thread - turn off smart setup and split networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

I don't know the model of your Panny TV but found this on their website, is it any help?

http://eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22994/~/troubleshooting---connection-to-your-ho...

0 Ratings