cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobbes7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours.

Go to solution

240 hours and several frustrating and fruitless calls to customer service later, I'm still getting this message.

We have an 8 and a 10 year old kid who, potentially, have access the internet. Now, they are supervised as much as possible, but once you see things you can't unsee them.

I see that some mods possess some magic dust that can get this working. I would appreciate it if the magic dust could be sprinkled over my account as well.

(It might be related, but when trying to enable Web Protect I get:

"Sorry, we couldn't turn on your BT Web Protect. Please try again later."

I've done so many times, to no effect.)

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
hobbes7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours.

Go to solution

Keith, did you actually read my post? Is the speed of my link related in any way to parental controls, or do these outputs give you some information you need to resolve the issue I described?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours.

Go to solution

@hobbes7 wrote:

Keith, did you actually read my post? Is the speed of my link related in any way to parental controls, or do these outputs give you some information you need to resolve the issue I described?

Sorry, I must have selected the wromg macro key from the dropdown list. See below for correct one.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @hobbes7 Sorry the Parental controls are not working on your account. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

hobbes7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

John, thank you very much.

I've filled out the contact form.

Regards, R.

0 Ratings
hobbes7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

My parental controls are now working.

Thanks very much to @JohnC2, and all those behind the scenes.

Regards,

Richard

0 Ratings