Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RC4
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Parental Controls on a BT Business Account

Go to solution

Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to set up parental controls for the internet on a BT Business Account? If it is then I'd be very grateful if someone could please tell me how.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Parental Controls on a BT Business Account

Go to solution

I doubt that you will be able to get them. Parental controls are accessed through the account holder's MyBT and scrolling to Manage Extras which I think you won't have on a business account.

0 Ratings
RC4
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I was worried that might be the case. I'll have to look for some 3rd party software. Don't suppose anyone knows a good one that works with the BT internet hubs?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If you are using a software option, it will only work on the device that the software is installed on. This might prove problematic depending on what devices your children have access to.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@RC4 wrote:

Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to set up parental controls for the internet on a BT Business Account? If it is then I'd be very grateful if someone could please tell me how.

Thank you.

Have you asked on the BT Business forum  at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Depending on what service you have, you would need to find a router compatible with that service. Netgear have a range of routers which have parental controls. So do TP Link.

0 Ratings
Colette1
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

Our business is a farm, and our family home.  I imagine there are a good many family homes that are a business.

However, for years BT have failed to give us any parental controls on our business BT hubs.  It would seem my kids are able to view whatever they want because they live at a business address.

When I spoke to BT they suggest I go and buy another hub attachment from somewhere like PC World.   I feel like I pay plenty every month to BT and surely selling hubs is their business?  Why can they not offer me an option?

BT still show no interest in helping me safeguard my children at home.

C

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

This forum is for BT residential customers and while I appreciated what you have said about your business being run from your home it is still never the less a business line/account and as such there are presently no parental controls on BT Business hubs/lines.

I belive that the BT parental controls are set at the network level and that restricts the user to using BT's DNS which may not suit a business. 

You could try asking on the BT Business forum if there is anything that you can do but I suspect that the only option open to you would be to purchase and use a third party modem/router that has the ability to set parental controls at the router level. As regards BT selling routers, they do but it is restricted to the BT hubs which would not be of any use in this instance because as I have said, the BT parental controls work at a network level and not at the router level.

The only other thing you could try would be to see if you can get a software option that you would need to install on all the devices that your children have access to. 

Link to BT Business forum

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings