cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pollie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Password incorrect issue

I'm hoping this one is an easy one for someone to sort out for me.

After two weeks of trying to sort out a number of issues with mine and my hubby's email addresses, everything was sorted this morning and we had all emails now in the right place and also could get into them and everything was fine.

Till this evening, my hubby's emails is now saying he has the password wrong, we have tried to reset it , but it didn't work, so he can't get into it anymore.

So I think we just need a password reset, by someone who can do it, as we can't.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Password incorrect issue

@Pollie1 wrote:

I'm hoping this one is an easy one for someone to sort out for me.

After two weeks of trying to sort out a number of issues with mine and my hubby's email addresses, everything was sorted this morning and we had all emails now in the right place and also could get into them and everything was fine.

Till this evening, my hubby's emails is now saying he has the password wrong, we have tried to reset it , but it didn't work, so he can't get into it anymore.

So I think we just need a password reset, by someone who can do it, as we can't.

Thanks

Hi.

How are you checking the emails? Is it using webmail via a browser or a mail client on a pc or an app on a smart device?

How did you try to reset the password? Just because the system said the password was wrong, typically it usually means it can't connect to the system due to a server fault.

Have a try at logging into the email using :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

using the "old" password.

Are you with BTYahoo or BTMail? When logging into webmail, a Yahoo image appears at the top of the page for BTYahoo.

Iif BTYahoo, then logging in via :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

usually enables access for client/app/program access.

0 Ratings
Pollie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

We have always used the first BTMail login, which until the last two weeks has always been fine, today we get a message that says there are too many failed attempts and we have to leave it 15 minutes.

Which brings me back to an issue we initially reported two weeks which has been being dealt with and I thought resolved, but perhaps not. I am expecting a phone call from BT this afternoon, so I will see what they say when they call.

0 Ratings
Pollie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

We never did get the booked BT phone call between 3-5pm on Friday, so I guess they consider the issue completely closed, but it would have been nice if they had made the phone call as arranged as we did stay in waiting for it !!!! But I wonder if I know what the problems is we have right now.

I have had some issues with my own sign in and I have resolved it by resetting my password. With my husbands email account it has been on his tablet and he logs in on our PC, so I wonder if the passwords have gotten out of sync too. So I have just tried to go in and reset his password, but it's saying his current password is incorrect, so won't let me change it. Obviously we have it right as I have checked that a few ways.

So we need a password reset by BT I think. Can this be done by the Moderators or do we have to request that another way ?

0 Ratings