Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisN1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Password requested continually

Go to solution

My mail is being received fine on my MAC but for every mail being sent  requires the password to be entered.

This has only started since the recent change to my password in line with the request from BT/Yahoo

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Password requested continually

Go to solution

Go into the settings on your mac email client and check that the outgoing server password was changed to the new one.

0 Ratings
ChrisN1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

There is no entry for a password on outgoing mail

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I don't have a MAC but this might help:

To change the outgoing mail password you have to go into Settings; then scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. 

From there select the BTinternet account and select the account where it is listed under IMAP.  

You will find the details for the account and can change the password for the Incoming Mail Server there, but the outgoing mail server simply shows SMTP and mail.btinternet.com

If you tap on the outgoing mail server it still shows very little detail and that it is 'on'.  But you have to tap on that Primary Server in order to find where the Outgoing password is hidden so you can update it. 

ChrisN1
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion - I think it has worked.

On the Mac there is an option to edit the outgoing server list which includes the password.

0 Ratings