cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaeld148
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Paying wrong amount 3 months in to my new contract + problems with bt.

Go to solution

Just wanted to share my awful experience with bt customer services.
First of all this I now my 2nd contract with bt.

My original contract was 18 months which I ended up staying on for a bit more than 2 years. I had no problems what so ever.

I rang up BT December last year asking for a better deal and told them I would sign a new contract. The contract was for broadband and mobile so I planned to cancel my contract with EE since I was in my last month.

When I rang EE they offered me a better deal than BT for the same stuff. So I phone BT back up (the day after I took out the bt contract) to cancel my order. They told me my new order was cancelled and I'd just go back to my old broadband with no contract.

A few days later I get a letter from BT saying I am switching to EE and I owe BT 18 months of broadband payments. This couldn't possibly be correct because I cancelled my new order within the 14 day cooling off period and I shouldn't be charged anything for leaving my old contract.

I rang BT up to ask about the letter and they said EE requested a switch day that was after the 14 days cooling off period. I told them I shouldn't be charged because I had already cancelled the new contract myself. They told me my only option was to pay the money to leave or if I stayed with them I wouldn't be charged. I was pretty angry at this time as i'm pretty sure they were breaking the law here but I listened to them a bit longer and they offered me a better deal than EE and they can cancel my EE switch. Anyway I agreed to a new contract £17.50 broadband £18.99 line rental and £10 sim only contract.

I phoned EE and told them to cancel my order because i thought BT might get it wrong.

Everything is fine until I get my BT sim. put it in my phone. followed the instructions. wasn't working. Phoned BT and they said they would send me a new sim because something went wrong with the order.

I received my new sim and it worked but checked my new bill and I was paying the wrong amount. £32.50 for broadband like I used to.

Phoned BT they told me my broadband order hadn't gone through for some reason even though my mobile order placed at the same time did.

They told me the deal wasn't available anymore but a manager could still put it through for me.
next month I check my bill and they hadn't done anything.

Rang again.....manager was going to sort it......checked bill next month....nothing.

today I contacted them instead to just make a complaint about the awful service.

They said they will definitely be sorted this time (I was told that the last 2 months) and they will refund me the money I was owed + £10 for them being such a pain.

I got an email after I put down the phone. £22.50 refund which is still wrong.
£32.50 - £17.50 = £15 and i've been paying too much for 3 months so that should be £45 + my £10 gift. not £22.50.

In conclusion bt customer services aren't doing great and i'm getting pretty fed up.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Paying wrong amount 3 months in to my new contract + problems with bt.

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @michaeld148 I am sorry that this has not been fixed for you.

I am sure we will be able to sort this out for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
michaeld148
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

hi.

I was rang today at 11am by one of the mods and they offered me a new package and told me they would put it through. They said i would recieve an email to confirm the order had been placed but i still haven't recieved any confirmation emails and there are no new orders or completed orders from today.

could someone let me know what is going on please.

Thank you

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @michaeld148,

Thanks for posting. I can see @PaddyB is dealing with this for you. He's due in the office later today so I'll let him know you've posted and he'll be in touch later.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @michaeld148,

I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. Unfortunately the order I placed yesterday, hasn't gone through. 

Let me know when your available for me to call and I'll give you a ring. I'm in the office until 9 PM tonight.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
michaeld148
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

hi i am available any time between now and 9 pm.

thank you

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @michaeld148,

Thank you for taking my call. I've reordered the Infinity package and I'll follow up with you once that order completes.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings