cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mogwai
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Payment details changed without permission - clueless callcenter

As a nightshift worker I find it hard to believe that there is no option whatsoever to talk with a human being about billing problems outside of the office hours... having spoken to a callcenter somewhere that's certainly what I've been told and that essentially, it's my problem not theirs...  leaving that customer service rant aside from the moment I've been arguing with the BT website for a couple of hours and still cant find any option to report a billing problem...

I'll try and keep it brief...

I moved in June '11 and set up phone and broadband with BT using the Monthly full billing option due to come out on the first of each month... all was well for the first few months until suddenly payments started coming out before my payday and started to cause me to rack up bank charges. Changing Direct Debit dates via the website is not physically possible so after a brief moan to @BTCare I was given a phone number to try and get it sorted.

In that phonecall all I asked for was to change the direct debit date to the first of the month. No other request was made. Somehow in doing so the BT Representative has moved me to paperless billing (not asked for) and has switched me to quarterly billing (which i also didnt ask for). The bills section online now shows a £200 debt despite me oweing nothing and the monthly direct debits are now substantially bigger than they ought to be... Still coming monthly and not quarterly as indicated online. Having checked other online forums this move of payment dates has caused exactly the same problems in at least a dozen other cases.

Before I use the direct debit guarantee to forcibly reclaim all of the wrongly issued bills from BT and throw the Financial Ombudsman's Service at them I'd like to at least make some effort to sort this out through the UK team. Is there a contact mechanism to those who can't get in touch during office hours? Can this be looked into urgently?

The only upside so far is that at least they are now taking Direct Debits on the correct date.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Payment details changed without permission - clueless callcenter

This is a customer to customer forum and posts are not necessarily seen by anyone in BT. The best thing you can do is Contact BT Care Team who should be able to help.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
mogwai
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Payment details changed without permission - clueless callcenter

nightshifter... can't use their live chat as I am never concious when they are... thanks for the link though, shall try this "email" approach.

0 Ratings