Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boomer
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: Pc can't get on internet unless I restart

Ok, thanks a lot.

I'll try it later on tonight when I'm turning the pc off over night as just restarting now will have the same effect as restarting before - the internet will work regardless.

It only occurs when I shut down overnight and then reboot the next day.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 16

@Boomer wrote:

Ok, thanks a lot.

I'll try it later on tonight when I'm turning the pc off over night as just restarting now will have the same effect as restarting before - the internet will work regardless.

It only occurs when I shut down overnight and then reboot the next day.

You're very welcome, post back tomorrow the result, Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
Boomer
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

While I'm here, and was noseying in the lan connection settings you pointed me to, do I need to have the V4 AND the V6 connections both ticked?  Surely I only need one?  Won't having both ticked increase the risk of an exploit invading my pc?

And I will post back the results, I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days because it worked for two days when I logged into the hub and told it to use a particular i.p.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 16

@Boomer wrote:

While I'm here, and was noseying in the lan connection settings you pointed me to, do I need to have the V4 AND the V6 connections both ticked?  Surely I only need one?  Won't having both ticked increase the risk of an exploit invading my pc?

And I will post back the results, I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days because it worked for two days when I logged into the hub and told it to use a particular i.p.

Don't worry about V6 as it's not used by BT yet.

0 Ratings
Boomer
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Okay.

Thanks! xx

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 16 of 16

If can be worth unticking V6.  Later version of Java often try to use ipV6 by default if appears to be around, and then fail to work at all as the ipV6 doesn't work.

0 Ratings