cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 29

Re: Peak hours bandwidth/possible throttling.

that sucks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 29

What type of traffic are you noticing that its slowing down with. Torrent traffic is throttled to a crazy level to around 5% of my normal speed. Ive also noticed some of the rapidshare sites being extremely slow with bt. Ive yet to get an answer from them of the list of stuff they are throttling & to what level, but it always seems to be about 5% of possible speed of certain traffic.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

All traffic is slowing down, youtube becomes un usable, websites become noticably slower to load, speed tests give me results of less than 1mbit/s

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 29

All traffic.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Hi there , no is not possible throttling,   IS TRUE THROTTLING ON PEAK OFF TIME...

BT Throttling their lines,  because  the infracstructure is very old,   if they not throttling in peak off time,  all lines and customers experience bad service and really slow..

BT customer service deny their trottle lines,  but the high manager, agree with that, 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

0.5mb/s all day sunday, this is below what is deemed acceptable for my line by BT themselves (and far below what I think is acceptable), I intend to cancel my contract as I am not getting what I pay for and get my phone, broadband and tv from elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 29

0.5mb all day sunday !!!!!!

you are so lucky, i realy wish i could get that.

I would be happy if i could get 0.5 all day long.

i know who needs throtling, its the people at bt exchanges as they are the ones who do this.

and funny how its got worse since BT have been trying to sell their infidity to me.

I call it infidelity as that is what that probably is.

LIES LIES LIES AND MORE LIES FROM BT

all i get is rubbish connection and even that keeps dropping off.

phill

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 29

Cancel then. If your connection is as bad as you say they cannot hold you to any contract.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

I think they have started throttling me.

I'm on Infinity Option 2 and always got a consistent speed but for around a week at 5pm give or take 5minutes I get a huge decrease in speed for everything.

I usually get a consistent 4,500kB/sec but now after 5PM it varies from 100kB-400kB. At least a tenfold decrease.

The thing is looking at the usage monitor on BT's own site it says I've used 40GB in the past month presumably, which is far from their 300GB fair usage policy for my package.

I don't see how I can be justifiably throttled when the bandwith I have used would take just 2.5 hours to download on my line. How is that in anyway heavy use?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 29

BT throttle p2p from 4 till midnight everyday, we have best package unlimited downloads ect and 90% of what we use internet for is p2p if they'd of had this in big bold writing would never have gone with BT but they dont, and we'd have to pay to cancel with them, its a discrace when paying 40 odd quid a month for it. BT are the worst for it too, think they should be ashamed off themselves.

0 Ratings