cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 29

Re: Peak hours bandwidth/possible throttling.

most isp's throttle P2P protocols at peak times
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 22 of 29

I dont disagree, but when its promoted as Unlimited it shouldnt be throttled atall, the amount of money they make from customers is obscene, And for the money especially for unlimited packages should allow us to have unlimited internet, not just what they deam neccesary

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 29

the unlimited refers to the amount of data you can download in a month nothing to do with your speed p2p protocols are throttled by most isps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 29

there is no secret that p2p downloads are 'managed' at peak times by BT.  it is in the T&C and a google search will confirm that it is no secret

I would add that this thread is 15 month old

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 29

this link makes it very clear read section B network management http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/~/broadband-usage-policy
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 29

I understand its in the policy, however advertising as unlimited, when it clearly has limits is misleading in itsself.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 29

this has been the subject or many posts in the past and as has already been said you can download unlimited amount data and it cannot refer to unlimited connection or download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 29

Unlimited = Data Usage.

Or you could have unrestricted use 24/7, however then you rely on the other customers of your ISP letting you have reasonable speed with their usage habits, I learnt sometime time ago not everyone thinks of others, cynical yes, I bet its true.  Either way in my mind there is no unrestricted/unthrottled broadband service available.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 29

sorry the advertising is very clear unlimited means data not speed you could not have unlimited speed could you just think about it
0 Ratings