cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 39

Re: Peak time connection issues. Not the usual.

you need to contact the mods again and show then the results - link to these  posts - and download speed as bad as ever and certainly not fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Chocchick
Beginner
Message 22 of 39

Exact same problem. We usually get 4-6 Mbps in the evenings but the past month it has dropped to 0.3 Mbps. Spent a month calling India before we finally managed to get an Openreach engineer out. He confirmed within minutes that new equipment was installed in our exchange about a month ago which has caused the problem. He has a requested a "cease and reprovide" which he thinks will solve the problem. Fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 39

@Chocchick wrote:
Exact same problem. We usually get 4-6 Mbps in the evenings but the past month it has dropped to 0.3 Mbps. Spent a month calling India before we finally managed to get an Openreach engineer out. He confirmed within minutes that new equipment was installed in our exchange about a month ago which has caused the problem. He has a requested a "cease and reprovide" which he thinks will solve the problem. Fingers crossed.

if it does not fix your problem the come back and start a new subject if you want some help from forum members and if necessary the forum mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BLACKW47CH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 39

What an absolute joke. Now I understand all the complaints about the mess that is BT Broadband Customer Support that I have heard over the years, and I am now experiencing it for myself. After 5 years of being with BT Broadband I've never had a problem, but when you do, don't you have problems getting it sorted!

On Thursday 26th, I was told that I will have an engineer visit on 1st May, and I will also get a phone call on Sunday 29th to check to see if my connection had improved. No it hasn't, my broadband was almost unusable yesterday! Well, no phone call on Sunday. So I rang up Broadband Customer Support this morning (30th) and apparently there is no record of having an Engineer booked! The lady at customer support booked me another for 1st May and I'll need to be in between 1pm to 6pm.

This has been an on going problem now for far to long. I feel like I'm getting no where at all. All I seem to get is people in India that I can barley understand reading off what seems like a script, and going through the same things over and over and not getting anything sorted.

I have now tried:

3 Different Filters.

Another Home Hub.

Plugging into the test socket on the NTE5.

Speed tests on several laptops, desktops and even mobile phones.

06.30 in the mornings I can get 6.5 mbps. Then in the afternoon, evenings and weekends it drops to 0.5mbps and this has been going on for almost 2 weeks with no light at the end of the tunnel!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 39

if you run the beta version just now is the download speed low - I just tried it and speed was ok and working

0 Ratings
BLACKW47CH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 39

Im at work right now.
0 Ratings
BLACKW47CH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 39

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 39

looks like BT are aware that there is a congestion problem

0 Ratings
BLACKW47CH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 39

You'd think that in one of the numerous phone calls i've made to customer support, they may have said to me "There is an ongoing problem at your exchange"
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 39

The trouble is the help line do not know the exchange you are on just a dialling code and it can take a long time for exchange data to get from BT wholesale to all ISP's that is why the mods are your best option they have access to a lot more information
0 Ratings