Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonN
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Pending HH5 delivery - will it be a 'type B?'

Go to solution

I'm asking becuase I have the chance of a cheap, new 5B to buy now.

I assume - but can not be sure, that any new HH5's being delivered now will be type Bs.

Would that be a fair assumption?

Cheers - Simon.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Pending HH5 delivery - will it be a 'type B?'

Go to solution

pot luck - you will not know if hh5a or b until you actually receive it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Really? Not what I wanted to hear.

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

My mate got Infinity last month and he got a new HH5 Type A

(He's on a Huawei cab for what its worth so a B would have been better lets be honest.)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

the HH5b did not supersede the HH5a and both are issued to new and existing BT customers  from recent publicity there is a new HH6 due out later this year

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

the HH5b did not supersede the HH5a and both are issued to new and existing BT customers  from recent publicity there is a new HH6 due out later this year

True but the HH5 Type B is Broadcom based and works with G.INP, given the massive problems people have had with Type A devices over the last 12 months or so with the ECI / G.INP SNAFU it is very easy to see why a Tybe B is the prefereable choice.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

There's always the option of well known auction sites. I picked up a HH5B in March '16 for £20.

Regards

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@MrBelter wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

True but the HH5 Type B is Broadcom based and works with G.INP, given the massive problems people have had with Type A devices over the last 12 months or so with the ECI / G.INP SNAFU it is very easy to see why a Tybe B is the prefereable choice.

the type B is far from perfect - from forum posts including your post about the wireless 5ghz

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
I sense a nighthawk in my future.............
0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

@MrBelter wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

the type B is far from perfect - from forum posts including your post about the wireless 5ghz

In which a user replied that the Type B works faultlessly.

No it isnt perfect but i'd rather have a Type B, the Type A is clearly being forced to run a technologiy it was never designed to use which is causing many problems for many users, it also doesnt play well with the PS4 and it loves to reboot every 14 days. Where as the Type B does work with G.INP, it does play well with the PS4 and it doesnt reboot every 14 days for no good reason.

0 Ratings