cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Penicuik Exchange

Hi

The penicuik exchange that i use has been enabled for BT fibre however when i check i cannot get it, some folk have said that as i live about 200 yards form the exchange i am connected direct and that i would need to go through a cabinet to get BT fibre. Is this true?

About 150 yards further away on the other side of my property there is one of the new cabinets so would they connect me to that? if so who do i contact does anyone know.

I cannae believe i am being penalised for being to close to the exchange.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Penicuik Exchange

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number before posting  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html  you should see either a cabinet number or jusrt EO

if EO then you are exchange only and will have to wait for fibre - there is no chance openreach will redirect your line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi imjolly

It cannot find my number as i am currenty with SKY for my line rental. The address search just gives basic info what i can get. I would switch if i could get fibre

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

It cannot find my number probably because i am a SKY customer

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

probably but if you are as close as you say then does suggest EO

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings