cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magicbaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 63

Re: People's experience with Infinity?

BT are well aware of the problem and I call them every day the connection drops and that's daily at the moment, its been over 6 weeks now and I hear the same apologies every time. I have had to get an T-mobile USB modem so i could access. Stuart, i will email you in the morning. 

0 Ratings
BigT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 63

Hi , i'm also from Failsworth 🙂 , was looking to get the Infinity package , but im having problems with my line being capped from 10mb to 1mb every few days by BT :(, getting the 24-48hrs to reset every phone call is getting pretty thin , so was looking to see if the Infinity package is cabled in a different way, or if it uses the same line my upto 20mb connection is on.

Seeing all your posts about the knackered Failsworth exchange doesnt bring me hope , as my problem has been going a few weeks now and still not resolved it seems. I had a new front box and recabling to the nearest telephone pole and all was great for 5 days @ 10.6mb constant, then the capping issues have started and its phone call after phone call.

0 Ratings
blooty
Contributor
Message 13 of 63

Infinity only uses the small bit of copper from house to cabinet, the rest is fibre. Therefore any sort of noise problems or issues you have with your line will most probably be eliminated.
If i've given you a helpful answer please rate me by clicking the rating star to the left 😄
BT Total Broadband Option 4 - London - Pimlico Exchange
0 Ratings
BigT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 63

So , if you could keep us updated on progress / issues on the Infinity in Failsworth  i'm sure we would be very grateful ... as would the BT engineers for future areas i would imagine too 🙂

0 Ratings
BigT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 63

Well my problem is weird , (on the upto 20mb package) , its fine while im using it , but sometime when its just sat there while im at work or in the night , its getting capped , which doesnt make sense, surely its gonna spike when its being used to its max , no ?

0 Ratings
magicbaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 63

I'm away for a few days now, but would be intrested as to how the conection is holding back in Failsworth.

BTW if you have an outage then you can get a refund on your package, but you need to phone the help line and tell them you want a refund they wont tell you or even offer if you don't ask, at the start of the fault they hhave 48 hours but after that they have to refund.

When I asked they said I had 3 outages of 5 days each so i could only get a refund for 3 days each time, so thats 15 days minus 6. I did argue that it was all one fault and that it shoud be 15 minus 2. they did agree with that in the end, but i did have to get a manager involved. 

to make it more complicated the refund wont be on my next bill but the one after it! maybe they want me to forget about it?

It's sad that a big company like BT provide poor service and then try and make hard for you to get what's rightfully yours.

0 Ratings
magicbaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 63

Well I've been away for a week and come back to NO BROADBAND!!  Thanks BT!! I did have a message on my answer phone saying that the problem is clear my line test is fine and happy surfing. BTW its the second one I have had. If anyone is reading this and considering Infinity in the Manchester area think again! BT are not ready for it they cant cope with cabinets over heating and do nothing. 

I'm back on my T-mobile dongle and now looking for an alternative to Infinity.

0 Ratings
BigT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 63

Hmmm, i've just had a BT engineer at my house to try to work out what problem i have. My house circuit and line to exchange all read perfect. Seems i have some sort of interference happening every evening from 11pm-6am, which is something i dont see since i'm usually asleep, and computer is off. So they need to send another dept. over to test for electrical interference , hopefully they can nail this niggle !

I asked him about Failsworth Infinity too while he was here , if i took out Infinity i would be wired to the Failsworth Pole cabinet , and he said it all went down last week, but is now fully working. I also asked him how the hub is wired , since i try to use a cabled network , but the infinity webpage says u have to have the hub next to your front socket, which would be useless to me , anyway he says it can be anywhere in your house , its wired from your front box with an ethernet cable (cat5) to the router where ever i want it.

So ... just waiing on the new dept to contact me now , not sure how they are to solve this , as i live in a terraced house and it looks like it will be a neighbours interference if anything , so even if they do find the cause .. prob not a lot i can do if its neighbours electrical goods.

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 19 of 63

Hi BigT,

Keep us posted with the progress of this fault.

@magicbaz, if you can email me your details I'll see what's going on here, sorry your broadband is still down. Email address is forum.moderation.team@bt.com.

Ta,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
magicbaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 63

Hi again.

last Friday after moaning to BT yet again they suggested that I needed an engineer, the best they could do is Monday but I will be working all week. after few more words they then offered me Sat (the next day) I asked why I wasn’t offered that in the 1st place and I just got a lame answer, I did chat about it with the engineer and he said the problem is Moston (where I live) is classed as a two person area!!! So needed to vans for each job. What a waste of engineers.

Anyway I now need a new hub. according to the BT help line that called me back it will arrive Monday morning, not sure how they will manage that as it was 7pm on Sat when the order was put through.

I'll post as soon as the new hub is installed and let’s hope it works. 

Re Failsworth exchange. I now have 3 recordings of BT staff telling me the Failsworth fault is now fixed so don’t hold your breath. in my experience BT will tell you anything to shut you up.

0 Ratings