cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magicbaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 63

Re: People's experience with Infinity?

Update.... BT was delivering a new hub today, why on earth do I listen to BT. i take time off work and BT cant be bothered to deliver!! 

BT, hang your head in shame. 

More... I had an email today informing me that the hub will be with me by 6pm but if there was a delay it could be as late as 8pm, it read" if you don't received the hub by 8pm please inform us on 0800... " I rang the number at 8.05pm only to find out the line had shut at 8pm. 

BTW just sent my latest list of BT blunders to Watchdog, I had a nice reply form one of the researchers, apparently I'm not on my own. 

0 Ratings
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 22 of 63

Hi Magicbaz,

Sorry about that.  I can get this sorted out for you.

Drop me an email with your BT account and telephone number and a link back to this thread and I'll check your account and see what the story is.

forum.moderation.team@bt.com

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
magicbaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 63

Well thanks Craig but if you read back through the thread you will be the third Mod to ask me to send details, the 1st two couldnt give me any info. so I'm not sure just what help you can offer. 

Well the hub arrived today and I still cant get a connection. the helpline has sent an email to the service department and now I have to hang on until they get back to the helpline and then hopefully some one else will come out, so even more time sat here hanging on for BT!!

0 Ratings
magicbaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 63

Update 

There's an "outage" at Failsworth again so I'll just sit back and hope they sort it soon. all though the lack of service is PANTS the people here and at BT helpline are very good at keeping me informed. 

0 Ratings
orly
Contributor
Message 25 of 63

Just had infinity installed in the last hour and it seems to be running great. We're about 600m from our cabinet so this gives people an idea of the speeds possible.

Exchange: Bangor, Northern Ireland (NIBA)
Cabinet: #23, Kilmaine Road
Distance to Cabinet: 600 metres
29.5Mbit / 5.5Mbit ish
0 Ratings
magicbaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 63

I was getting 30+ meg but sadly the service has been intermittent for 8 weeks  and has been dead for a week now!

0 Ratings
BigT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 63

Sorry i've not responded for few days , been down to Bath for few days and Cheddar Gorge ! Luvvly area , very hot atm , but im back now. Had the BT engineer turn up last weekend , he tested all my house , and couldnt find anything unusual. He checked in with fault dept and my faults happen between 11pm-6am EVERY night it seems ! Which is why i get the thing capped when i get up :(( , Anyway they recapped it another 1mb lower than it was , so i was getting around 8.5mb now , which is still fine , and its been great , seems reliable for once... however I've just returned back from my little vacation and they have upped it back to 9.6mb again which is when it was unstable , so me thinks i'm going to be getting re-capped very soon.

Incidentaly , the BT engineer thinks the fault at my property is electrical interference at the late hrs , and said he was going to contact a dept to come and bring some equipment. Got a phone call same night from BT asking me how it was now after the BT engineer visit , and he said the case was closed ! So i presume there isnt going to be any testing .... But it's been on for its biggest period now , which after 1 month of constant on/off/capping at 1mb is finally usable , and they didnt mention anything about compensation either.

0 Ratings
BigT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 63

I would like to point out though, all the BT engineers that have visited my house have all been very polite, informative and proffessional , they do seem to know what they are doing and will explain everything to you. So i would like to thank the engineers for the service they have given. Anyway , If anyone new in Failsworth area has started up with Infinity please let us know , as i'm still strongly considering it. My connection would be to Failsworth Pole (North Manchester), and i'm keeping my eyes peeled to this forum as it seems we are all getting/have had the same problems.

One thing I've noticed with the BT hub when downloading a file of large size (1-2gb), is that it really slows down the connection to anyone else who is connected to the router. My old router D-link DSL-2740R seemed to cope a lot better with this and was hardly noticable with 2 computers surfing the net with a wired network, something the hub seems to struggle with. Is the hub that comes with the Infinity any better ? (I have the BT Home Hyb 2.0)

0 Ratings
Allnamestaken
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 63

I think this is pathetic.

The lowest any **** customer ive seen has got is 47meg.

yet you guys are getting 25meg? on fibre LOL!?

Might as well stay on the 20 meg service instead of paying for this piece of **bleep** unreliable **bleep** from bt BT are **bleep** n i wish i was able to get cable.

0 Ratings
orly
Contributor
Message 30 of 63

Why Allnamestaken?

Why would you stay on total broadband and *maybe* get 20Mbit and a far lower upload speed for the same price as getting up to 40Mbit down and 10Mbit up?

Exchange: Bangor, Northern Ireland (NIBA)
Cabinet: #23, Kilmaine Road
Distance to Cabinet: 600 metres
29.5Mbit / 5.5Mbit ish
0 Ratings