cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 63

Re: People's experience with Infinity?

I think BT have become more consevative with their speed estimates. I have Infinity and get a consistent 36Mbs download and 8Mbs upload. I have recently been getting a lot of dropped connections and suspected by HH2. BT were/are offering a speed upgrade and a free HH4 if I re-contracted for 12 months. When I first checked the speed estimate would be 68Mbs download can't remember what the upload speed was. this seemed well worth getting.

I got sidetracked over an issue with BT Sport however when I checked estimated speed today it is actually less than I am getting, whilst I don't expect my speed to drop if I recontract the advantages seem to go away. I don't care about the PtoP throtteling as I don't use it.

I have also been given a TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Cable Router which seems to have cured the drop out problem when I replaced my HH2 with it.

SO I am happy with Infinity but will stay on my rolling contract.

0 Ratings
deadelvis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 63

Don`t forget you are tied to an 18 month contract

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 63

Deadelvis: I don't know if you are replying to me but with a rolling contract, meaning that the contract term has expired, it just keeps going until it is cancelled with no penalty.

Re the 12 month offer it was 12 months when I first started looking but may have changed now.

0 Ratings