Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Velvetcoat
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Persistent Reported Error (0x800CCC92)

Hi,

I seem to be getting this error message all the time:

Task 'xxxx Mail - btinternet.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect username or password.'

Checking the password shows the correct one and the user name is correct. Going onto the web-mail site, with the same login and pw info, can access all BT mail with no problems whatever.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what is the cure?

Running Outlook 2010, Win 7 Ultimate x64.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Velvetcoat
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Persistent Reported Error (0x800CCC92)

Interesting, having done absolutely nothing to my system, the emails from BT have arrived! So the error message was telling porkies, there was/is no problem with either user name or password!

Does BT use different servers for POP and web-mail?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Sounds like you've encountered the [infamous by now] bt e-mail issue.

A long thread on here.

You might want to move your bt mail to IMAP from POP3 as that seems to be more stable and fault free.

POP3 mail is one option [along with IMAP] for viewing your bt mail.

I use IMAP.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

And I know your email worka AQ as does mine I can't remberthe last email problem I had
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Perhaps if BT/Yahoo ceased advising customers that IMAP is not 'supported' and encouraged it against POP3 this issue might diminish. IMAP works fine on both PC and mobile, no doubt about that.

Most of us dont need "support" for e-mail when it works, and those that do need help can come to this forum and get an answer, especially from someone like Andy_N if its a real belter of a problem.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
norfbert
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I have been getting Error 0x800CCC90 and 92 on and off for about two years. Having just read the articles about this problem on the forum I signed out of BT Yahoo and signed in again immediately and the problem vanished. Try it.

0 Ratings