cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjh_1
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Persistent internet blackout and low wireless range (doesn't go to second floor reliably)

I shouldn't have to post on data!
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
tjh_1
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: Persistent internet blackout and low wireless range (doesn't go to second floor reliably)

Nor should I have to move around to get any response from the router, and before you ask, I have tried to turn it off and on again.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Re: Persistent internet blackout and low wireless range (doesn't go to second floor reliably)

Hi,

What is failing?  Is it the connection to the Internet from the router or between the device and the router.  Wireless connections can be poor if subject to thick walls or interference from electrical appliances.  Do you get disconnections when using an ethernet connection to the router?

tjh_1
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

The router will lose connection to the outside world regularly, the ethernet connection to the router is fine. I'm on mobile right now, on one floor higher, but my previous router was able to reach where I am easily before.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

What router are you using now and were there disconnections when using the previous router?

If the other one was ok can you not go back to using it?

tjh_1
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Currently using the one which came with the BT Infinity package, the old one was NETGEAR.
0 Ratings
tjh_1
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Which I used with a different provider
0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Is it a Hub 6, 'Smart' Hub?

Can you check the line for noise?  Dial 17070 select option 2, there should be silence between announcements.  Noise on the line can cause disconnections and speed drop.

tjh_1
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Yes, me saying that would have helped a while ago.

Number not recognised
0 Ratings
tjh_1
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

That's what the answering machine said, not some weird site bug btw.
0 Ratings