cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paris
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phishing by phone - claiming to be BT

Just received a call from someone claiming to be from BT contacting me because my internet connection had been "compromised". It was clearly a phishing attempt of the type I frequently get claiming to be from Microsoft (even sounded like the same person!). Naturally I told them to stop calling me and put the phone down so just publicising this to warn anyone else getting these kind of calls.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
PaddyB
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phishing by phone - claiming to be BT

Hi @Paris,

Thank you for posting.  Sadly these types are calls are all too common these days. If you take a look at - Security warning - Fraud activities, there some advice on how to protect yourself from these types of calls.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
lizzieh75
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Had a call today from 0013163035925 claiming to be BT and wanting to repair a fault on my internet connection.  Said I could not understand him and he repeated that in some surprise and rang off.  Checked the number and it is from USA and often features in phishing phone calls.

0 Ratings
AH2
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Three calls already this morning (from three number: 012266 953786/001944 593007/001200 2049980), claiming to be from 'BT Technical Department', telling me that I have router problems and offering to fix them. I've received some before - but never three within the space of an huor.

0 Ratings