cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnS
Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: Phone Fault - No service for the last 5 days

The fault is still ongoing, BT have to lay new cable.

Although BT have been been us updated with the problem which is appreciated, the fault has been ongoing since I started this thread.

As we have had no phone service for more than two weeks now and have had to use our mobile phones, are we entitled to any compensation from BT ?

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 28

'As we have had no phone service for more than two weeks now and have had to use our mobile phones, are we entitled to any compensation from BT?'

No, you can't claim compensation but you can get your line rental back from the fourth working day of the line being out of service until the day its fixed.

Under certain circumstances BT may give you are goodwill gesture, say £15 or £20 if you have been without service for a few weeks.

What they won't do though is pay out hundreds if not thousands of pounds, which a lot of people seem to think they are entitled to under the 'Compensation Culture Britain' we seem to live in these days.

0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

I started this thread on the 5th July after being without service for 5 days and still out home landline is out of order.

I have heard it all:

Your phone will be working later today which was two weeks ago.

It has gone back to planning (twice now).

Openzone are coming to do the work on Wednesday, again two week ago and they never show.

We will get back to you with something more positive and BT never do

This is BTs external fault, we have been quite tolerant up to now, can the forum please help and get our landline repaired as it should have been one month ago.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 28

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 15 of 28

The home phone is working, finally fixed after five weeks of no service.

I hate putting a solution to my own post, I will leave that for Keith to do.

Thank you for your help Keith.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

@AnnS wrote:

The home phone is working, finally fixed after five weeks of no service.

I hate putting a solution to my own post, I will leave that for Keith to do.

Thank you for your help Keith.

Don`t forget to claim your refund of rental charges as shown here.

Customer service guarantee

unless of course one of the BT Care Team have arranged it for you. Were they any help in sorting your problem out?

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 17 of 28

glad it's now working 🙂

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 18 of 28

I spoke too soon. The line is still dead. It worked for about 10 minutes and then died.  

In all fairness to BT, I was called by a very pleasant lady who explained the problem.  Openreach have to do some more digging to replace cable and the digging is on someone's land.  BT are in the process of getting permission from the landowner before the work can proceed.

Its back to using mobiles phones but at least all incoming calls go the mobile.

Its been 6 weeks now without a landline, but at least its stopped the cold callers.  You know the ones !

0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Just had a call on my mobile phone of course, from BT, the usual 'we will continue to monitor the situation and will be in touch on Friday'.

This is getting frustrating now it will be seven weeks without any landline service.  The internet is running slowly, I was trying to look up airline times and book flights, it was impossible, it just kept timing out.

I am fed up with the continuing excuses from BT, I may understand the situation but we have had no service for the last six plus weeks, BT internet service which is at dial up connection speed and the second mobile phone bill which is twice the normal monthly cost.

0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 20 of 28

Looking around the forum, we are not the only ones where BT continually come up with excuse after excuse as to why the fault is not fixed.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/FAULT-REPORTED-18th-JULY-STILL-WAITING/td-p/595926

http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Phone-fault-reported-15th-july-still-not-fixedi-i-re/td-p/599200

http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Fault-reported-SEVEN-weeks-ago-still-not-fixed/td-p/599144

The fault we have on our line was reported the end of June, its now August and no further progress.  I may be understanding to the problems, but this is going too far for a fixed line service.

0 Ratings