Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laotianrockrat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Phone Fault logged under wrong account number

Hi

I've recently moved house unexpectedly; I had cancelled the previous BT service and taken out a new product at our new address so for the time being I have two accounts. The new service was meant to connect yesterday but there is no dial tone at the master socket (the broadband will not connect either). I performed a line check on the new number and a fault outside the property was found and reported.

I received an email today stating the fault was cleared, however on checking even though I logged the fault under my new account number it has been registered to my old account number - a line check has taken place at my previous property which has obviously come back fine since that isn't where the problem is. Any ideas how I go about getting the correct line checked? I live in a rural area with poor mobile service so I'm unable to ring the call centre and report this.

tia

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone Fault logged under wrong account number

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 7

Hi @laotianrockrat

Thanks for your post and welcome back! Smiley Happy

Sorry that you're experiencing a fault with your service at your new address.  Do you want to chat with our >> Repair live chat team<< to see if they can get you sorted out this morning?

I'm suggesting this route as we are quite busy at the moment and it would take us a few days to get round to picking this up for you whereas you can make some progress with this today instead of having to wait for a few days for us to get back to you.

Let me know how you get on speaking with my colleagues using the link above.

Cheers,

Robbie

laotianrockrat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Hi both and thanks Robbie for that link. I went around the houses for a while but eventually got someone who checked the line at this address and found a fault outside on the network (presumably the same fault as before). It should be fixed by COB 22.5.17 but I won't be holding my breath and will keep this thread open just in case.

thx

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 7

Hi @laotianrockrat

Thanks for letting us know how you're getting on.

This thread will remain open so feel free to keep us updated on the progress.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
laotianrockrat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi again

So this was suposed to have been resolved by yesterday but still no phone service and the line is still dead at the master socket. I didn't have to much faith in it being repaired but it was worth trying. Any ideas what to try next?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 7

@laotianrockrat I'm sorry it's still not sorted, we can chase this up for you if you send over your details using the contact the mods link. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

It will take us a few days to get back in touch with you as we are really busy in the mod team at the moment but if you contact us on the live chat link Robbie posted they will be able to chase this up for you also.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings