Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madliz
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Phone Number Changed by BT When Told Not To

Hi

I have recently changed my Broadband provider to BT and when discussing the terms wth the sales rep I requested that my then phone number be retained and he said that was not a problem.

However when the change over started last Monday I was informed that a new phone number had been assigned to me, I got in touch with Bt on Monday night and informed them that this was not what was agreed when I took the contract out they promised to look at the problem.

On Tuesday morning BT contacted me and told me that the problem would be corrected within one working day and they sent me an email to confirm it,

The phone number was changed, but not back to my original number but  to another new number, so in the space of two days my home phone number had three numbers assigned to it - Is This a Record

Again I contacted BT on Wednesday and informed them of what had happened, the advisor informed me that she had noted the mistake and raised a new order to have my original phone number restored to me within 24 Hours, but unfortunately to date this has not happened.

Has anyone got any advice

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phone Number Changed by BT When Told Not To

who was your old provider
0 Ratings
madliz
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi John46

My old provider was SKY Broadband and before that Talk Talk and Tesco before that, but there has never been a problem with retaining my home phone number when moving from one Broadband provider to another since I moved in to the house in 2003 until now.

Regards

madliz

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 5

@madliz Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings