cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Phone Service Down and no-one can tell me what is happening

BT phone Fault Reporting Desk in (I assume India) is surely ithe very worst in the industry. My Phone went dead last Saturday and when I look on-line the repair date keeps getting put back (now next Tuesday, which will mean no phone for 11 days). I keep calling the fault reporting desk to ask what the problem is and why the date keeps getting put back. I keep being told someone will call me back, but as you have probably guessed by now, no-one ever does. So I am totally in the dark. And I have no confidence it will be fixed by Tuesday given that all the other fix dates have passed with nothing having happened.

Is there a phone number of someone in the UK who I can call who can actually tell me what is going on?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone Service Down and no-one can tell me what is happening

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach are having difficulties due to the bad weather, so installation and repairs are taking much longer than normal.

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you find out more.

Or use this link

Tracking Phone Faults

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Keith. Unfortunately you can't select who you chat to. I got through again to a guy in India who was ever so polite (they always are) but he was on the "billings side", not "faults". Yet again a call back was promised. But as before, nothing received.

I've googled "BT Fault Escalation" but BT doesn't seem to have this. Some people have suggested that an email to Ian Livingston gets some sort of result. I want to stress again, though having no phone for 11 days is very annoying, what really drives me mad is no-one at BT will tell me what is going on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

What did it say on the online fault tracker?

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to find out what is going on.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

By the way, just to let everyone know how I got this fixed.

Send an email to Ian Livingston. He has a superb team who seam to cut through all the BT bureaucracy. The eventual problems was simple to fix. The reason it wasn't fixed earlier is that BT Retail and BT Openreach have different fault tracking systems. It was logged in the BT Retail one but not the BT Openreach one. So BT Openreach didn't know there was a fault. I also deduced that if a fault isn't fixed in 3 days the BT Retail fault tracking system must add 3 days to the estimated fix time, even if no information is received back from Openreach.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@treforh wrote:

By the way, just to let everyone know how I got this fixed.

Send an email to Ian Livingston. He has a superb team who seam to cut through all the BT bureaucracy. The eventual problems was simple to fix. The reason it wasn't fixed earlier is that BT Retail and BT Openreach have different fault tracking systems. It was logged in the BT Retail one but not the BT Openreach one. So BT Openreach didn't know there was a fault. I also deduced that if a fault isn't fixed in 3 days the BT Retail fault tracking system must add 3 days to the estimated fix time, even if no information is received back from Openreach.

Did it really take from July 2012 to get it resolved??

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings