cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Phone broken, new phone awaited. Can I find out who has been calling our landline?

Go to solution

After a power cut our phone stopped working.  I tried a number of things and eventually ordered a new phone.  We don't have any other landline phone to use in the meantime.  I think people are making calls to us and we could call them back on the mobile if we knew who they were..  Is there any way round this - until the new phone arrives?  Any ideas appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phone broken, new phone awaited. Can I find out who has been calling our landline?

Go to solution

If you KNEW your phone was going to stop working you could have set up call divert, but if you knew that you would have disconnected it before the power cutSmiley Wink

As the new phone should not be long in arriving(I hope), it hardly seems worthwhile  now trying to set up call divert from another phone.

toekneem

(EASBF)

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Re: Phone broken, new phone awaited. Can I find out who has been calling our landline?

Go to solution

Hi and welcome

Could you not pop out to a local supermarket and get yourself a spare corded phone would always be handy if you ever have another power cut, are you sure it is the phone that has gone faulty?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for both replies.  I used to have an old phone which could plug in for such situations - but currently mislaid.  I am hoping to borrow one and also find my old one before this happens again - or I will get a spare.  I was just surprised to find there was apparently no way to find out (relatively quickly) who was calling our land line - eg through BT.com - unless I set up a call divert.  (eg the online bill only shows who I have called).  

And - I am fairly sure it is the phone that is faulty - the line has been tested OK and I have switched if off completely etc and redone the batteries etc etc.  It is some years old - so I have just gone with a new one...

Thanks again to both of you for your comments

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I should add that it was a series of on/off powercuts - which I think did the damage and all in the early hours.  The bleeping of the phone woke us after some time.  I am going to look into surge protection too.

0 Ratings