cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Phone connection problem

I have been without a phone since June 9th and reported this online that day. I received no reply.

I rang on my mobile and had to wait incurring charges. Initially the line test showed the problem to be near to the house or within. The latter is unlikely. I returned from holiday on the 9th to find the phone not working although it had been fine before I left.

I eventually got through to BT who said the line would be tested again. The online fault review said there was no fault with the line. In the meantime I followed the online test instructions using the test socket with another phone. Still no dialing tone.

The online fault record shows the matter as resolved althoug it isn't.

I recorded another fault online. This time it says again here is a fault near or in the house. If there is an internal fault this can only be due to the wiring installed by BT when broadband was installed and tested. Otherwise the wiring has not been touched. BT are telling me there will bea £100 callout fee if the problem is internal even though it is their work.

I would be gateful for assistance to rectify this problem

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone connection problem

this is a community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods.  you obviously need BT help and nothing customers can do to help.

try the online chant and see it they can help or you can try the forum mods

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks I have done that.

PS I have my own online chant for BT!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

lol   my typo obviously but if a chant helps get it fixed then chant awaySmiley Very Happy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi,, I hope you are having better success than me we have now been without a land line since May 13th the saga has been a escapade, see my posts weeks without a land line, BT are just utter rubbish at sorting problems. We have now been intouch with BBC who are willing to do a story line, also the newspapers as we arte getting so desperate as my wife is ill and has collapsed several times and could not call for help, telling them is like water off a ducks back. Anyway that does not help you but shows what rubbish they are.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Sorry to hear of your problems. I hope they are resolved soon

Yes the problem wasfixed thank you but the engineer did have to visit the house.  This was to determine whether the fault was internal or external.  The fault was, in fact, 35m from the house and underground.

I was without a phone for at least 11 days because the fault occurred whilst we were on holiday.  BT kept insisting that the fault was internal although the wiring had not been tampered with and all the internal tests were carried out.

Why can’t BT test the external line effectively; this is unsatisfactory service.

0 Ratings