cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mannerj
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phone dead after number port

OK, so i've been a BT customer for 13 days and already i need to resort to the forumas the chat doesnt work and my shiny new mobile is dead..

sim/phone working fine on old number up until yestereday when number port actioned, phone went dead some time before 06:00. tracked 'port' order on web and received email at 13:20 to say complete....two hours later still dead..

Started chat session and for some reason the guy/gal continually refered to the phone being locked to network, explaned this was not case and eventually he looked and saw phone wasnt. after what seem like 30 mins of acheivng nothing, they told me sim was active and it would all be ok by 18:00......

what he didnt say is on what day the 18:00 would be as its still dead and i have had to go to the shop and buy a PAYG sim to get some form of connection.

tried the online chat at 08:50 this morning and sat wointing for 25 mins soing it was waiting to connect to avail operator and then gave up, now the chat wont work.

emailed this morning and no response, so ill have to burn all my credit on the PAYG to call BT to try and get the sim working... unless of coarse someone from BT is reading this and would like to call me...***EDITED***..  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
r1biker
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone dead after number port

Is the SIM that you are porting the number from also dead now? Have you tried turnhing the phone off and on again? 

0 Ratings
mannerj
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Yes and Yes...

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 4

Hi @mannerj,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your line since the number port. You can call in on 0800800150. It's free from UK mobiles in the UK. Our live chat service was temporarily down earlier but it's back up and running now.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings