cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kensington
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Phone extension after Infinity installed

Can extension be wired from Main phone socket once Home Hub 5 and new faceplate been installed? Just had Kelly Comms come to instal our Infinity 2 service with HH5 to replace HH3, as he left I suggested we check all in order as he simply said there you go mate it is working, picked up phone and line was dead!!!! He explained that he had done his job with the HH5 installation and that it was not possible to run an extension off the main phone socket so we either had to move the HH5 or move our telephone / answer machine, either way take it up with BT and he left?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Phone extension after Infinity installed

If your extension was originally wired off of the master socket it should just have been a case of reconnecting it after he changed the front plate.

You either try to get someone back (good luck) or possibly have a go at connecting it yourself.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Good old Kelly's, a true professional bodger!

Hey, could have been worse, you could have had an MJ Quinn's guy out, you would truely be up **bleep** creek then!
0 Ratings
kensington
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hmm, sort of as I suspected by his could not care less attitude, why oh why do BT continue to risk losing their reputation by employing these cowboys who went to the most unsuitable charm school, the guy has even ruined our stair and landing carpet by walking mud off his boots up and down them, got to get the professionals in now to fix that problem.

To think I had made my mind up to never touch them again after my previous experience, what a mug I have been. Flippin good job I work in Social Media marketing for a multi national firm....be interesting to learn if BT bother to put this right for me and try to win the day, I know I would if I were in their shoes?
0 Ratings
kensington
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Why oh why would BT even begin to risk their reputation in this manner, there are plenty of alternatives especially SKY? As I have said in another post, be interesting to see if BT marketing Director uses this opportunity to steal the day and turn this lemon into lemonade?
0 Ratings
kensington
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Oh brother made huge mistake in trying to get BT to return to fix problem of their creating, pulling teeth, passed from pillar to post, could not understand my problem in that my extension socket is no longer connected, allegedly going to contact me .......
0 Ratings
kensington
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

After some remonstration BT have agreed their contractor has caused me the problem and they will send an Engineer to reconnect the now disconnected extensions as their expense, the only challenge I have is that despite assuring me they would call me yesterday to make the appointment, to date I have not heard a peep?

I shall chase them and see if it is still on, the wife has said ditch them and go with an alternative even if you pay more just give up this life sapping nonsense and move on, maybe she is right?

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

'Why oh why would BT even begin to risk their reputation in this manner, there are plenty of alternatives especially SKY? As I have said in another post, be interesting to see if BT marketing Director uses this opportunity to steal the day and turn this lemon into lemonade?'

Sky guys are little dish fitters, not telecoms engineers. Go with Sky for phone and it could still be a Kellys or Quinn's bodger you get to fit it!

0 Ratings
kensington
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Considering whether I should ditch the landline altogether now and simply keep mobile and go dongle for Internet just to rid my life of the hassle even if it is more money???
0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

It's only worth going the dongle route if your a very light internet user given the cost of data charges on 3 and 4G.

If you think going that route cuts out BT think again, who do you think maintains those towers and who's fibre trunk network do think connects them altogether...
0 Ratings