cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Phone fault and reporting it

Go to solution

Hello, I am having a problem reporting a fault on my line, the fault is that I have no ring tone and no incoming calls, broadband is still working, I have tried phone in main socket with and without hub connected, still nothing, I have gone through troubleshooting and when it gets to test my line all is does is turn off broadband and does nothing else. As it states that I cant report fault without doing line test I am at a loss. I do not have another phone or mobile here and none of my neighbours are in.What is the next step?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Phone fault and reporting it

Go to solution

When the test finishes, your broadband will restore. Then you can view the test results, and carry on with the fault report.

Just leave the web browser on the page, as the session is stored.

If you still have problems try Live Chat

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

thank you for quick reply, i will do that now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

O.k. did that and got this:- Sorry, we are not able to test or provide an update on this line

please contact (telephone no. supllied)

we appologise for any inconvenience .

So going to try live chat or go for a drive and visit a friend and use their phone. Thought it would be easy to report but it is not. Thank you anyway 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Are you sure your service provider is BT? Do you pay them for your calls and your line rental?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

The answer to both is yes and the lady from live chat is reporting the fault for me and getting them to contact me by email. So hopefully problem will be resolved soon. Many thanks as your pointer to  live chat was the next step I needed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Excellent, I do hope you get it sorted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

When you say, ' I have tried phone in main socket' is that the same phone or a different handset that you know is working because you go on to say, 'I do not have another phone'. Or does that mean you don't have a second line?

If the phone itself is faulty it won't work regardless of where you plug it in and with or without your broadband equipment.

If you can't report it online and none of your neighbours are in you could go to a payphone and report it from there.

0 Ratings