cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haras
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phone fault reported 15th july, still not fixedi i re

Following the theft of bt cable from my road on 14th July I reported a fault on 15th july and was informed that the fault would be fixed by midnight 19th july. Needless to say the fault was not fixed. Since that time I have spoken to it's fault call centre on 5 further occasions and each time they have given me another false date which they have 'guaranteed' my line would be repaired by and no information as to why the fault had not yet been repaired. Its now 9th august and with the fault still not having been repaired I have once again spoken to bt. They have still not given me any further information regarding why the fault has not been repaired and seem to have no idea when or if it will ever be repaired. It is not like they need to diagnose a fault, cable has been stolen it just needs replacing yet they seem unable or unwilling to do this despite continuing to charge for their service. At one point I was told that 120 customers are affected by this fault but this seems to be of little concern to bt. The call center does not seem to be fit for purpose as they as they do not appear to receive updates from the engineers. Either this or they do not wish to pass on the information, most likely because little to nothing has been done to rectify the fault. I am appalled at the level of customer service from what was for a long time britains default phone service provider.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone fault reported 15th july, still not fixedi i re

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach have a backlog of work due to the recent bad weather, so installation and repairs are taking much longer than normal.

0 Ratings
Haras
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Perhaps this is the case but this does not explain the complete lack of reliable information provided by the bt call center. If faults are indeed taking this long to repair due to the weather then why were we repeatedly given proposed dates for the rectification of the fault that were never going to happen. And why did the call centre staff not inform me of this on one of the many occasions that I spoke with them. Are the bt call center staff actually in touch with / receive updates from openreach?
0 Ratings
mon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

"Are BT actually in contact with OpenReach"   What an extremely good question.       We have been waiting over a month now and if only someone from OpenReach would just say we will turn up on so and so date we would be happy but absolutely nothing happens.

0 Ratings