cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 2

Phone line crackling, noisy and unable to receive or make calls - Internet speed also crippled.

I've had this issue since yesterday morning, basically there's loads of noise on my line and I can't make or recieve calls, plus my Internet connection has been crippled back to stone age speeds (broadband isn't with BT, phone line is though).

I submitted a fault report and it said it seems to be an issue with BTs network and it would take a week to fix which seems like a long time to be without phone or Internet. I'm also wondering if I will recieve some form of compensation as I will be without service for a week.

PS: It would be really awesome if I could update my fault report comment section with more information, I didn't know my Internet was also affected at the time of submitting the report.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone line crackling, noisy and unable to receive or make calls - Internet speed also crippled.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach have a large backlog of work due to the recent bad weather, so installation and repairs are taking much longer than normal.

BT would not be able to sort your broadband out, as they are not your ISP, but with luck, when the phone line is fixed, your broadband will work.

You can claim for some line rental rebate, details are on this link.

Customer service guarantee

0 Ratings