cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anniemac
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Phone/line fault escalated but to where? Need an update from somewhere.

I have had problems with a very noisy line for quite a long time.  I cannot hear the noise but callers complain that it is very bad, so much so that I often have to contact them by mobile.  It affects approx 50% of calls.

I have had 5 engineer visits since May and the most recent two engineers  have said the problem does not lie within the house but must be exchange or cabling or something else externally.  When I describe the problem they say that everything points to external.

Two weeks ago I had a call from an Openreach person from North of England (I am in Fife, Scotland) who said he had seen the history of my problems.  He asked lots of questions, said he was sure it was a line or exchange problem, he was going to escalate to another team, and with the right people on to in, that within two weeks it should all be resolved.  

I have just check the fault number that can be checked online and see that the fault says Closed on 12th August.  In fact, the problem seems to have been worse over the past few weeks and is certainly not fixed.

Where can I phone/chat to/contact somebody to find out what is happening?  If I phone Faults I get India, and have to start the detail right from the beginning and I am asked to do all the tests that have already been done multiple times.  Does anyone know who the team would be where such a fault would be escalated?

I am beginning to give up hope.

Anniemac

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone/line fault escalated but to where? Need an update from somewhere.

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone/line fault escalated but to where? Need an update from somewhere.

Hi anniemac,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings