cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbeachbum
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Phone line through trees causing damage to my house...

My phone line runs from the street, snaking through a group of conifers on my neighbours property, and is then connected to the corner of my pergola before running along it and then into my house. The trees keep growing, up as well as out, and now the phone line is stretched so tight, it's pulling my pergola off-centre.

My provider is TalkTalk, who I've contacted. They say it's a BT issue as it concerns the connection to the pole. I tried calling BT Open Reach, but they say as long as there is no fault on the line, I'll be charged for asking the line to be moved.

I'm just trying to save my pergola from being pulled over any farther. My neighbour won't cut the trees down. Can anyone advise on what my next step should be? Or will I just have to pay to have the line relocated?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone line through trees causing damage to my house...

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers including TalkTalk.

BT Retail, who opereate this forum, cannot help with your problem.

You would have to ask TalkTalk to contact Openreach, or you could try reporting it yourself as damage.

See http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/who-to-contact/

0 Ratings
ukbeachbum
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone line through trees causing damage to my house...

Thanks.

0 Ratings