cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjw1999
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phone line transfer delays for disabled person

I am writing this on behalf of my father who is registered disabled. he has just moved house to a dwelling which has had the telephone connecting box disconnected. He is getting very frustrated as the earliest they can connect the phone is 20th August. I find it disgracefull that BT don't have a fast track system to aid people in this situation. If anybody can assist in this matter or offer advice I would be most grateful.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone line transfer delays for disabled person

this may be of interest  http://www.bt.com/includingyou/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf  and also http://www.bt.com/includingyou/redesign2012/assets/downloads/ProtectedServicesScheme.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gjw1999
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for that but when you ring the 0800 800 150 number you tell them that you want a phone line transfer and type the number in. The response is "Due to unprecedented demand for BT Sport we cannot help you right now" then hangs up. What is that supposed to mean??

I am struggling to get through to anyone on this and my father is getting very upset about this...I really at my wits end about this situation.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

It means just what the message said the are currently very busy due to a high demand for the new BT Sports TV Service they cannot take any calls at the moment the wait for a new line is normally about 2/3 weeks
0 Ratings