cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clazh
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phone number not recognised - live chat NO support

Had my BT phone line activated on 9 July and website is still saying my order is in progress.  Am trying to activate the BT Smart Talk app on my mobile but all week getting the error message that the number I'm giving them is not a BT number.  Erm...well it's the one that BT will be sending me bills for.

Anyway, decided to ask on their live chat today - conversation went something like this

BT Person 1: Hi, how can I help?

Me: My BT number isn't recognised

BT Person 1 has transferred the chat -  you are number 1 in the queue

BT Person 2: Hi, how can I help?

BT Person 2 has transferred the chat -  you are number 1 in the queue

BT Person 3: Hi, how can I help?

BT Person 3 has transferred the chat -  you are number 1 in the queue

BT Person 4: Hi, how can I help?

BT Person 4 has transferred the chat -  you are number 150 in the queue

At which point I gave up as it was quite clear that each 'assistant' couldn't be bothered and would work me round to the longest queue on earth knowing that I'd rather be pulling my own eyeballs out than watching this level of incompetence.

Anyone here able to help me out with a simple question as to why my number isn't recognised yet?  Am I expecting too much to think that a week later things might have progressed (sorry anyone who has waited for months for your own orders to happen, I'm starting to feel some of your pain already)

Thank you!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
clazh
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone number not recognised - live chat NO support

Not sure why this has been moved?  My post relates to my phone line and the way BT are dealing with it - how is it an app or extra - it's a core service!

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 4

Hi clazh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having activating the BT Smark Talk app on your mobile and that your chat kept getting transferred.  I agree, that definitely shouldn't happen.

No need to worry as I can get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
clazh
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

This has been resolved now as a kind soul from BT called me back and completed the order so allowing my number to be recognised.

0 Ratings