cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Phone rental.

Go to solution

Hi, Does anyone here no anything about phone rental charges? I have been renting a phone from BT for over 7 years, I didn't realise that when you have rented a phone from BT for 18 months it becomes yours and you no longer need to pay. I have been paying for this phone every month since I got it. Is there any way I can check exactly how long I have been renting this phone and if I am due a refund. Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Phone rental.

Go to solution

try the live chat - the link is at the top of the forum board

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, I did that the other day & they rang today to tell me that I was getting refunded for this months phone rental. I don't think they realised that I have been paying it for years.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@MarianG wrote:

Hi, I did that the other day & they rang today to tell me that I was getting refunded for this months phone rental. I don't think they realised that I have been paying it for years.

Hi Marian, Give live chat another go and ask them about all the overpayment.

If you do not get a satisfactory answer, then get back in touch and we can put you in touch with the mods who might be able to help.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Done. They said they cannot refund any money because the customer needs to cancel the phone rental themselves. Too many people are getting caught out with this. Something needs to be done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I agree - this is my online conversation............

- I can see that there is a rental dial up equipment if you wish i can cancel the equipment so that in future you will not be charged

- Am I entitled to a refund for the amount of time I've been charged incorrectly?

- i am afraid that we will not be able to refund

- Please cancel my phone rental, and tell your employers that it is this type of attitude that makes people determined to change suppliers (nothing personal!)

Post edited to remove names.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi - wondered if you could help with my issue? Acting as an advocate for a partially blind couple. Upon checking their bills and paperwork I noticed they had been paying for a phone they have not had for years. I was told by the resolution team that it was their fault for not checking their bills and were only prepared to offer six months refund as a gesture of goodwill. Is it true that the payment should have stopped after 18 months?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Unfortunately in this day and age things like this still go on. There are people out there who have been paying this for over 20 years without a clue. I was shocked at some of the direct debits my gran was paying at 80 years old. The corporate greed in this world will never end!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

BT telephone handset contracts tend to last 18 months, but if customer does not cancel before the initial contract ends, it continues rolling over on a month-on-month or quarterly basis which is what would appear to have happened here. 

0 Ratings