cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

I am using a BT Trio BT6500 answerphone. Lately the phone rings but when I pick up the handset I can't answer the call. Do you know why this is?  Thank you an answer would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone

Go to solution

@john112 

Who provides your phone service?

Have you tried a different phone to see if it does the same thing?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in this problem.

The line is from BT. For the moment when I noticed that I could not accept calls I disconnected the answerphone and plugged a standard phone into the line socket. There is a dialling tone so I assume it is ok. I will check it for a call later.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@john112 

A partial power loss can cause these phones to malfunction.

Remove the power from the base unit for about a minute, then turn it back on, That may fix the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for the tip. They are offline at the moment and am using a standard phone until the problem is sorted.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

I found the solution to my problem. I renewed all the batteries in the three extension units after having left them charging for a while I connected it back into the line socket and tried calling my number. I was able to answer the call.

Rechargeable Batteries don't last forever as they must have been quite old and were never changed before.

Thank you to all who replied to my query. I hope this will help somebody else who may have a problem with their answerphones.

John 

0 Ratings