Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenbandit
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Picking a DD payment date and a bill calculation date

Go to solution

I want to pay by monthly direct debit and pay off the whole montly bill in whole every month (like the good loyal BT customer that I am). To suit my way of doing my accounts I need to get advised of the bill amount just before the end of a month in advance of a DD that gets taken just after the start of a month. Having both the bill calculated and the payment taken part way through the month would not work.

I phoned BT in the past and asked if it was possible to change the DD and bill dates and was told it was not possible.

Can it be done? Can the DD and bill dates be changed?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Picking a DD payment date and a bill calculation date

Go to solution

Hi greenbandit,

Each area has a different bill cycle, however if you choose to pay your entire bill by direct debit each month (Whole Bill Direct Debit Monthly) your bills will be produced on a specific date, not of your choosing, and the direct debit will be taken within 10 days.

You can set up Monthly Payment Plan (MPP) which pays monthly set amounts to a quarterly bill.  This allows you to pick a specific date each month for you payment to be made but not the date of the bill production.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
greenbandit
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Craig,

Thank you for the infoSmiley Happy.

Although the MPP is not the simple "just pay what I owe on the date of my choice" solution that I wanted, it will give me the option of picking a payment date just after the start of a monthSmiley Happy.

I've just spent 20 minutes trying to set up an MPP. I found the help describing how to do it, but I really can't see where the setting up of an MPP is started.

Out of timeSmiley Mad - my 9 month old lad needs attention. This MPP thing will have to wait.

0 Ratings
greenbandit
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I gave up on the website but got an MPP set up when I phoned BTSmiley Happy.

The process was made very difficult by being put through to a non-UK call centreSmiley Mad.

0 Ratings