Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Norry
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Picture breaking up

Go to solution

I have now got a YouView box and it is an improvement over the old BT box:

BUT the picture on some of the lesser channels keeps breaking up (12,34,37 ande many more).  This does not happen on my 4 other boxes and TVs connected thro' the same aerial together or separately.

Signal strength is about 85% on the problem channels and 99% on BBC and ITV.

Restarting the You View box solves the problem for a while but it soon returns.

Does this mean the box is faulty or is this normal or is there something that can be done?

Thanks

Norry

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Picture breaking up

Go to solution

@Norry

It could be too much signal overloading the YouView box. You could try a 6dB attenuator which you can get from TV shops or online.

Signal overload is quite common if you are near a transmitter, or have an aerial amplifier.

If the signal is too strong, the digital tuners in the YouView box cannot extract the data from the muxes, they are not all the same strength, which is why some channels work, and others do not.

0 Ratings
Norry
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I do have a signal booster because I run 3 boxes and 2 TVs off the aerial.  All the other units give perfect pictures, only the YouView box plays up even with everything else disconnected.  The channels that fail are all about 85% and the ones that are good are all about 99%.

I will try without the booster and report back.

Thanks, Norry.

0 Ratings
Norry
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I was using a signal booster for the 5 boxes and TVs on my aerial.  Only the YouView box was breaking up on lesser channels - all other boxes and channels were OK.

I removed the booster and all boxes and TVs are now OK!  The signal strength has dropped a bit but the quality is now 100% on everything!

Thank you!!!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I am pleased you have fixed the problem, its something that is often overlooked.

0 Ratings