Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

Picture stuttering or jumping on some channels

Go to solution

I have a T2100 box and have been having a problem for some weeks now with mainly National Geographic HD channel with the picture stuttering or jumping, the peculiar thing is when the ads come on it is fine. Freeview channels are not affected at all. It is quite annoying especially when the cameras do a pan shot - just jumps all over the place, rather like the Barclays Ad! Have I got a setting wrong somewhere? (still doesn't explain why ads are ok). Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Picture stuttering or jumping on some channels

Go to solution

Hmmmm thought this problem had been solved. Try pressing pause for a second or two then play, see if that makes a difference.

0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@Hunter2660 wrote:

Hmmmm thought this problem had been solved. Try pressing pause for a second or two then play, see if that makes a difference.

Had this for a few weeks now, nothing I do stops it. How was the problem solved previously?

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

A software update last year. This may not be your problem though. How is your box connected to the Hub, ethernet cable or PLA's?

0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@Hunter2660 wrote:

A software update last year. This may not be your problem though. How is your box connected to the Hub, ethernet cable or PLA's?

I have latest software update, currently watching Eurosport 2 HD with no problems at all, seems to be just Nat Geo HD (but not tried all HD channels). Box is connected directly to HH3 with cables.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Wierd. Must be a localised issue. I've been watching Nat Geo HD without any problems.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@Marketman I'm sorry to see you're having issues with Nat Geo HD channel. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get that investigated. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@NeilO wrote:

@Marketman I'm sorry to see you're having issues with Nat Geo HD channel. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get that investigated. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

I have just put the phone down after talking to the 'tech' guys as about an hour ago I lost internet access, after extensive checking it appears my Home Hub 3 has gone faulty, maybe this is why picture was juddering? I will get back to you when new hub is delivered and I have had chance to check it out. Funny thing is I can get BT TV channels on the faulty hub but not internet - it is not just the wifi that is not working but also wired connection to computer. Having to use my mobile hub to communicate!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@Marketman Thanks for getting back to me. That could well be why this is happening but it's strange that it's only affecting the one channel.  Please do post back letting us know if the new hub sorts it.

0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@NeilO wrote:

@Marketman Thanks for getting back to me. That could well be why this is happening but it's strange that it's only affecting the one channel.  Please do post back letting us know if the new hub sorts it.

I should have mentioned that it was juddering to a much less extent on Nat Geo Wild as well, but no other channels. Your tech guys were a bit rude to me about my hub not accessing the internet, they wanted me to pay out for a local engineer (not BT), to check out my equipment, they would't have it that my equipment could not be faulty, even though I have a wired desktop PC a wifi laptop and a smart phone that couldn't access the internet. I had to go through to complaints who decided the hub was faulty. The proof that my equipment is ok is that this is being typed via my mobile hub!

0 Ratings